What is the difference between ad and add?
Definitions: Informal noun
- An advertisement.
- Have you seen the latest television ad for Coca Cola?
- There are too many ads on the radio.
- join (something) to something else so as to increase the size, number, or amount.
- put in (an additional element, ingredient, etc.).
- put together (two or more numbers or amounts) to calculate their total value.
- seem reasonable or consistent; make sense.
- amount to
- say as a further remark.
- Add the herbs, some salt and pepper and the chopped tomatoes or passata to the casserole.
- A new student was added to the class.
- The curtains will add a touch of class to your bedroom.
- Many things in your story didn’t add up.
- ‘I hope we haven’t been any trouble,’ she added, sounding worried.
Do you have any questions?