What is the difference between adverse and averse?
- preventing success or development; harmful; unfavourable.
- High inflation is having an adverse effect on economic growth.
- Is it possible to cut down trees without having an adverse effect on the environment?
- The new laws have an adverse impact on the poorer members of society.
- having a strong dislike of or opposition to something.
- The government is averse to losing the next election.
- Many investors are averse to taking big financial risks.
- After many years in the army, he was not averse to taking long runs in the mountains.