What is the difference between chord and cord?
- a group of (typically three or more) notes sounded together, as a basis of harmony.
- Jane loves the opening chords to this song.
- John knows how to play 3 chords on his guitar.
- play, sing, or arrange notes in chords.
- His chording fits the melody perfectly.
- thin, flexible string or rope made from several twisted strands.
- an anatomical structure resembling a length of cord (e.g. the spinal cord, the umbilical cord).
- an electric flex.
- ribbed fabric, especially corduroy
- His hands are tied with cord.
- He has damage to his spinal cord.
- I ripped the phone cord from the wall.
- She wore her favourite purple cords.