Use here for the place of the writer or speaker, and there for other places.
- She wants to escape from home, and the least we can do is to let her stay here for a while.
- Don’t stand over there on your own, come over here and join us.
- I’m going over there, to get a better view of the mountain.
- You have 2 choices: stay here or go there.
Here and there are not usually used as nouns.
- This place is awful. It’s awful here (NOT:
Here is awful).
- That place is awful. It’s awful there (NOT:
There is awful).