Listen to the lesson:
When do we use who and whom?
Use the he/him method.
He = who
Him = whom
When he can be used in a sentence, we use who.
- Did he close the door?
- Who closed the door?
- He closed the door.
When him can be used in a sentence, we use whom.
- Should I ask him about my exams?
- Whom should I ask about my exams?
- You should ask him about your exams.
You can download these lessons as fully navigable PDFs
1. Which sentence is correct?
Who is that man?
Whom is that man?
2. Which sentence is correct?
Whom should I give my money to?
Who should I give my money to?
3. Which sentence is correct?
He was someone to whom reputation mattered little.
He was someone to who reputation mattered little.